Sunday, November 13, 2011
Apple Firing
After reading the article, I think I would have the same thought as both an employee and an employer. The employee who made the remarks on Facebook was in the wrong and should have been let go because of it. Now that this has happened to them I can pretty much guarantee that employee won't say something negative about their next employer on Facebook. How is this any different than if the employee had been talking badly about Apple verbally? Someone could have over heard and the person could have been let go. Even though at the end of the article it states something about a decision being made that employees can't be fired over what they put on Facebook, I have heard stories of people getting fired for talking negatively about their job or co-workers on the site. I think it is very sad what Facebook is doing to people. Some people are becoming just down right addicted to it and letting it rule their entire life. If you're going to have one you need to be extremely careful of any content you post on it. Employers are checking them even before they make hiring decisions. Also people who can't work an eight hour day without checking their Facebook, I think that's pretty ridiculous. You're getting paid to work not play around on Facebook.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes, it is ridiculous. I think the same, work is work. But for some people the internet is the addiction.
ReplyDeleteit should be about self control and knowing where you are. if your at work you should be focused and doing your job not on facebook
ReplyDelete